Monday, 6 September 2010

August and Everything After

Thank you so much for all your lovely feedback about the blog, and i'm sorry i'm so sporadic in the updates. But here's an update on life, love and Jesus. Which could just read Jesus, Jesus and Jesus seeing as he's the first two anyway.

But first, here are some quotes that i'd love to share with you because they are beautiful. I came across them over the last few weeks in a time of messy thinking, and these words cut through 'like a double edged sword'. When I read (or re-read for the fiftieth time in the case of Narnia) them they made my heart flip over and my eyes leak. Enjoy.

These are the lyrics from the David Crowder Band's song All I Can Say.
"Lord I'm tired
So tired from walking
And Lord I'm so alone
And Lord the dark Is creeping in
Creeping up
To swallow me
I think I'll stop
Rest here a while
And this is all that I can say right now
And this is all that I can give
And this is all that I can say right now
And this is all that I can give, that's my everything
Lord didn't You see me crying?
And didn't You hear me call Your name?
Wasn't it You I gave my heart to?
I wish You'd remember Where you sat it down
And this is all that I can say right now, I know it's not much.
But this is all that I can give, yeah that's my everything.
This is all that I can say right now [right now],
I know it's not much.
But this is all that I can give, yeah that's my everything.
I didn't notice You were standing here
I didn't know that That was You holding me
I didn't notice You were cry'n too
I didn't know that That was You washing my feet"

This next thing is a quote from The Magician's Nephew, by C. S. Lewis (obviously)

"Both the children were looking up into the Lion's face as he spoke these words. And all at once (they never knew exactly how it happened) the face seemed to be a sea of tossing gold in which they were floating, and such a sweetness and power rolled about them and over them and entered them that they felt they had never really been happy or wise or good, or even alike and awake, before. And the memory of that moment stayed with them always, so that as long as they both lived, if they were ever sad or afraid or angry, the thought of all that golden goodness, and the feeling that it was still there, quite close, just around the corner or just behind some door, would come back and make them sure, deep down inside, that all was well."

Right. Back in a minute. F xxxxxxx

No comments: