
Howdy.
In response to the last few months: i'm learning about burn out and how to avoid it.
Willfully pounding in the direction of other peoples' hurts is all very nice for the altruistic ego but i've realised that my heart must be guarded. My husband needs a wife who can - case in point - not burst into tears because she's not allowed to pet kittens at Racestead. He deserves the woman i'm meant to be and not a hollowed out shell of a mental lady. I've been really rather bonkers lately and he says he loves me very much but that I can't actually carry 30ish teenage girls and their problems around and expect him to prop me up when my legs buckle.
Obviously, I had a massive strop at him and ignored him for a while before deciding to do what he suggested and draw some lines across which I will not stray. Not even if there's a nice tantilising chance to look like a good person glinting at me from a distance. Nope. The focus is John first, others second and...I don't have a third thing. Cake?
In response to the future:
The sun's come out - if you're Meg or John you will know what i'm talking about and if you're not then just think Narnia when the witch gets an arse kicking.
Less pastoral work.
More rest and Jesus time.
Reshuffling small groups - more delegation and admin.
YWAM, baby!
Fundraising.
America in a week apparently but i'm not entirely sure what's going on with that. I've heard that the streets are paved with gold and all your dreams will come true there in the land of the free...
Swimming and splish sploshing about in my potentially rather slutty leopard print tankini.
Spending more time with the people I love love love.
Dancing more.
Art classes with Prilla.
Blogging. You lucky things.
So yes... also, I shall be listening to Kirk Franklin in all his glitzy famous Christian 'glory' because his tunes are really very lovely.
love,
F xxxxxxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment